Wires and cables are wire products used to transmit electrical (magnetic) energy, information and to convert electromagnetic energy.The generalized wire and cable is also referred to as cable.Cable in narrow sense refers to insulated cable.It may be defined as an assembly consisting of one or more insulated wire cores and the cladding, total protective layer and outer protective layer that each of them may have.Cables may also have additional conductors that are not insulated.
Cable maintenance is generally multifaceted.For example, check whether the cable outer skin is damaged or whether the cable has excessive load and heat, etc., and avoid mechanical damage.The used load should be within the rated capacity of the cable and can only run for a short time when overloaded.The other thing is to consider the turning radius and so on when laying the cable.The following points should be noted in transportation and storage:
1. During transportation, it is strictly prohibited to throw cables or cable trays with cables from high places, especially at low temperatures (generally around 5℃ or below). Throwing or throwing cables may lead to insulation and sheath cracking.
2. Avoid storing cables exposed in the open as much as possible. Cable reels are not allowed to be laid flat.
3. When lifting packages, it is strictly prohibited to lift several plates at the same time.In vehicles, ships and other means of transport, cable reels should be fixed with appropriate methods to prevent collision or overturned, in order to prevent mechanical damage to the cable.
4. Do not contact with acid, alkali and mineral oil. Keep the cable in isolation from these corrosive substances.The storeroom where the cables are stored shall not contain harmful gases that damage the insulation and corrode the metal.
5. During the storage period, the cable shall be rolled regularly (once every 3 months in summer, and may be postponed in other seasons).When rolling, will be down to the side of the disc roll up, so as to avoid the bottom damp rot.Always pay attention to whether the cable head is in good condition when stored.
6. The storage period of cables shall be limited to the factory period of the products, generally not more than one and a half years, and the longest not more than two years.